Mesigyna 50mg/5mg (1ml) injection
Mesigyna contains Norethisterone enantate and Estradiol valerate. The combination of these two hormones is very helpful in acting like a birth control pill or oral contraceptive. Mesigyna protects against pregnancy. Norethisterone enantate is a progestin hormone while estradiol valerate is estrogen. The combination of the both these hormones are available as combined Injectable contraceptive form. This combination product is much less harmful to the female and poses minimal effect to the liver of a healthy female.
The ailments it is used for:
This medicine is used by the doctor for the prevention of the ovulation. Hence it acts as a method of contraception.
Understanding the drug:
How it works?
This drug helps to prevent the follicular maturation and ovulation during you menstrual cycle. It also thickens the vaginal fluid and makes it difficult for the sperm to travel through the thick fluid and reach the egg.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
· Are allergic to the active ingredient or any other ingredient of the drug
· Are pregnant or breast feeding
· Have asthma, migraine or any heart disease
· Have chest pain called angina
· Have suspected breast cancer
· Abnormal vaginal bleeding
· Have gall bladder functions
· Have liver impairment problems
· Have womb problems or certain blood disorders
· Have Pancreatic diseases
What are the strengths available?
The drug Mesigyna is available in following strength depending upon the active ingredient:
Mesigyna 50mg/5mg (1ml) injection
Who is the manufacturer?
MESIGYNA is manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical company, Schering Mexicana. It is available on our websites in the pack of 1, 3 and 5 injections.
How much to use?
The exact dose is required to be administered by a professional. Hence always consult your doctor and take the dose prescribed by him only.
How to use it?
It is an intramuscular injection infact it should be preferably given intragluteal. The injection should be administered by your physician.
When to take?
The combination Injectable contraceptives are needed to be applied after every 28 to 30 days. It should not exceed 35 days time period. First injection is needed to be administered during the first seven days of the cycle.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
Chances of overdose are very low as the injection is given by the doctor. In case of overdose immediately call the doctor and take your injections with you to the doctor. Do this even if there are no signs of discomfort or poisoning.
What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to take the dose take it as soon as you remember the gap of the days should not exceed above 33 days and the medicine must be administered within 27-33 days.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor immediately if you feel any discomfort or if you do not feel bad after taking the drug. You may feel any of the following however the side effects may vary in different people.
· Breast pain
· Sad mood (persistent)
· Unusual or unexpected vaginal bleeding
· Yellowing of eyes and skin
· Nausea and abdominal pain
· Irregularities in menses for the first 3-5 months
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking this drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects. Tell your doctor about the medicines you might be taking:
· All prescription medicines
· All vitamins or herbal medicine you might be taking
· Carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol)
· St. John's Wort
· Blood thinners such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
· Antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin)
· Dalfopristin/quinupristin (synercid)
· Rifampin (Difadin, Rifater, Rifamate, Rimactane)
· Telithromycin (Ketek)
Always seek adequate medical advice on the drugs you should avoid while taking this medicine.
What are the things to be taken care of?
· Do not give this medicine to anyone without prescription
· Tell all the doctor or pharmacists who are treating you that you are taking this drug
· Do not take alcohol or smoke during this time period
· Estrogen should be used at the lowest dose that relieves your menopausal symptoms for the shortest time period possible so always consult the doctor before taking any kind of estrogen
· Never dilute the medicine with water
· Always use a fresh sterilized syringe